Nile University of Nigeria (NUN) Postgraduate Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session
The School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS), Nile University of Nigeria (NUN), is now selling applications forms for admission into its PGD, Master and Ph.D. Degree programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session. See the courses available, requirements and how to obtain Nile University postgraduate form below.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Nile University of Nigeria (NUN) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Nile University Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
A candidate seeking for postgraduate admission in the Nile University of Nigeria must fulfill the following requirements;
- Five o’level credits passed in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or GCE (o’ level) or their equivalent, including English language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Discharge Certificate or letter of Exemption.
- Three referee reports.
NOTE: When coming for registration, all prospective and transfer students should come with their credentials, including their certificates/degrees (first or/and second degree). In addition, students should have a copy of their official transcripts sent (from the tertiary institutions they graduated from) to Nile University.
Admission into the postgraduate diploma degree programme shall be opened to graduates of the Nile University of Nigeria or any other approved University with appropriate degree of Bachelor in any discipline and candidates holding the Higher National Diploma with upper credit shall also be eligible for admission. Candidates with similar qualification but with a lower credit shall be eligible for admission provided they satisfy the Board of Postgraduate School by scoring a minimum of 50% in a qualifying examination administration by the University, may still be considered on individual merit.
Duration of Course (PGD)
The duration of the programme shall be minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 calendar months for full-time study.
- To graduate, candidates must register for courses carrying not less than 36 credits and not more than 40 credits and must earn a minimum of 36 credits including all compulsory and required courses. In addition, candidates must score not less than 50% in the weighted average of the best 36 credits which must include all compulsory and required courses.
- The final determination of the award will be based on the overall weighted average marks scored in all courses and have the following classification:
- Distinction- 70% and above
- Credits – 60% – 69.9%
- Pass- 50% – 59.9%
- Fail – 0 – 49.9%
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- For the M.A., and M.Sc., graduates of Nile University of Nigeria or any other approved University with appropriate University degree of Bachelor with at least a Second class lower.
- Candidates for the MBA (Executive) programme are required to possess a degree from a recognized University or hold professional qualifications approved by Senate e.g. HND (Upper Credit) ICAN, ACCA, ACMA, AIB, ACIS, etc and have at least five (5) years post qualification experience.
- For the M.A., M.Eng. M.Sc., the duration shall be a minimum of 18 calendar months (FENG & FNAS).
- In the case of MBA/MSC, the duration shall be a minimum of 24 calendar months.
- On the expiration of the maximum duration, a candidate may apply for not more than a 12 months extension to the Board of Postgraduate School and thereafter for one more year.
How to Apply for Nile University Postgraduate Admission Form.
Postgraduate Studies at Nile University provides advanced educational opportunities to both the developing scholars and the working professionals.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
For enquiries, contact NUN admission team at 08067350919, 08054892616, 09030001211 or 09036326881.