Bowen University 2019/2020 Academic Session Online Examination Guidelines for Students
Bowen University online examination guidelines for students for the second semester, 2019/2020 academic session.
The Management of Bowen University, Iwo has confirmed that the University’s examination for the Second Semester of 2019/2020 will be phased and the first phase is to start on Monday 1st of June 2020, virtually. In a statement from the Vice Chancellor, Professor Joshua Ogunwole, students are urged to take time to carefully read the guidelines for the Online Examination as published on the University website.
The statement further urged students not allow distractions and interference during the online examination. Students are reminded that the university has zero tolerance for examination malpractices and irregularities and are further asked not to block the cameras of their computers while the examination is ongoing. Parents are advised to limit their meddling during the examination. Students that are yet to balance their school fees may not be eligible for the examination but at a later date with an additional fee.
The Vice Chancellor wish all the students success in their examination, while urging parents and guardians to join in praying for their wards.
The University has since March, 2020 given directive to Academic staff to be active online for effective teaching through the upload of teaching materials and real time interaction with the students using the Bowen Smart School Hub (SSHUB), a platform designed for robust learning interaction. The Vice Chancellor assured students and their parents that the office of the Bursar will be willing to assist those who are ready to offset their bills.
- Students are advised to pay their fees on or before 11:59pm on Sunday, 31st of May 2020.
- Students who make payment after this time should contact their respective College Accountant for notification of payment.
- Any student who fail to take this examination may be allowed to take the examination at the next available opportunity with a yet to be announced penalty.
- All questions are timed.
- The timing for each examination is indicated.
- The system submits automatically at the expiration of the timed duration, thereby denying the student further alteration or re-visitation of options.
- Only students who have registered and have made full payment of required fees will be permitted to take the examination.
- Students must take the examination in a conducive room against any external intrusion.
The University has magnanimously sponsored the data usage of each student accessing the examination portal for the purpose of examination only. Consequently, only those who had provided their phone numbers for internet usage will benefit from this package. Please note, that the sponsored data is accessible through each student’s mobile number, hence, students can only make use of the sponsored data by means of sharing through hotspot. However, you are advised to have an alternative backup for internet.
Compatible Devices and Browsers
- Students are strongly advised to use laptops or desktops with functional webcam and microphone.
- Recommended browsers: Google Chrome and Firefox.
Online Examination Guidelines
Please read the following carefully before attempting this examination:
Prior to the examination
- Please note that this examination is being monitored.
- Each student must “Allow” device microphone and camera on the browser.
- Each student must share the entire window screen not tabs.
- Students should note that they can be heard.
- There is a two-way communication between a student and an invigilator. Hence, the use of ear-piece is advised.
- No student will be allowed to start any examination after 30 minutes of the commencement of the examination as stated in the Examination Timetable. For instance, if an examination is to commence by 10:00 a.m., a student will not be permitted to take the examination by 10:31 a.m. even after successful login.
- Students are to study the examination instructions carefully.
- Movement of any kind is not allowed; students are to focus on their devices.
- Do not attempt to refresh the browser.
- Students are allowed to communicate verbally with the invigilator only when necessary.
- Student are to note that the invigilator and the system will give comprehensive reports of activities throughout the duration of the examination.
- Any student who finishes the examination before the allotted time can submit by clicking the ‘Submit Exam’ button.
- If the allotted time should elapse, the system will automatically submit students responses.
- Contravention of any of these regulations shall constitute examination misconduct and shall attract appropriate disciplinary actions.
On the exam completed page, it is expected of each student to complete:
- the feedback form; and
- the complaint form, if appropriate.
How to Participate:
- On the top navigation bar of the website, click on the Academics -> Examinations link (this takes you to the examination portal)
- Log in to the examination portal using your Matric Number and your Password (same credentials used to log in to your SSHUB). Please note that you can only log in to one device per time.
- After you have logged in, you will be taken to a page where you will see your list of registered and approved university-wide courses.
- Click on the Launch exam button of the course’s exam you have been scheduled to take. Please note that you are to keep to the examination schedule; as you will not be allowed to take the exam if you try to start the exam before the allotted time or after the set time of the examination.
- You will be taken to a page where you have to verify if you can see yourself in the camera preview area, after you are sure that you can see yourself in the camera preview area, click on Take Exam. Please note that you will have to grant the portal permission to access your camera and your microphone.
- On the examination page you will also be required to grant the examination portal permission to record and stream your entire screen. Please note that this step is very important to ascertain the validity of your exam.
- When you are done with the examination, please click on the Submit Exam button to end the exam